Department managers can then interactively run further, more detailed reports on users, sites or anything else in the report by hovering over items and running Activity Reports (or another Overview Report).
Configuring Department Reports is fairly simple, but can be a little time consuming if you have many departments.
Here's the general process:
- Go to Reports | Overview Reports
- Click the Filters button next to the date pickers
- Select the following filter:
Department 'Equal to' Accounts (select one of your actual departments)
- Click Schedule Report (next to the Run Report button) and select Daily/Weekly/Monthly and enter the email address of the person to receive these reports. Also ensure the 'Private' checkbox is checked so that the manager only receives the report content, not the rest of the Fastvue Reporter application (Alerts, Settings, Dashboard tabs etc).
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each department.
You can then edit these scheduled reports in Settings | Reports | Scheduled Reports if ever you need to change the recipient, or add extra filters to the reports.
Private reports are served from within the /p folder in the Fastvue Reporter website. To ensure department managers cannot access the rest of the application by editing the URL, see our article and video on Securing Fastvue Reporter for Private Report Sharing. (This refers to our other 'Fastvue Sophos Reporter' product, but the steps are the same for Fastvue Reporter for Barracuda)
Note: Authenticating users through your Barracuda device via LDAP is required for any reports filtered by user-based objects such as Departments. Without authentication, Barracuda will simply log an IP address which cannot be matched to a user in Active Directory.